Monday, October 02, 2006

James Bond


This weekend my friend Mat who was previously my watercolor instructor held an open house to his new studio and gallery downtown Chicago. Mat does beautiful watercolor work, by far I am one of the luckiest to have had him for an instructor. Everyday Mat would bring his sketchbook to class and share his ideas and sketches with us, and ever since, I've been wanting a sketchbook like his. It's just a great book for sketching with pens, pencils, and best of all, it can handle watercolor. A beautiful book. This last summer Mat went back to his motherland (England) and while he was there he picked up a few of these priceless sketchbooks to bring back home to the states. Lets just say he has become my sketchbook dealer, I'm hooked. Anyways, here's my first sketch in my "Mat Barber Kennedy" sketchbook, I did this one last night while watching a movie with my wife. Daniel Craig, the new Bond.
Please check for Mat's website in my links section.

4 Comments:

Blogger Larry Seiler said...

cool...Jace...like the sketch and your enthusiasm with the new sketchbook.

Glad to see you have a blog now. Easy to maintain and getcher stuff out there for those interested in following along!!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks Dad!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Very nice work indeed, Jason.

Out of interest, do you know what make or where your friend got the sketchbook you mention? The paper was a bit disappointing in the last one I got, and I'm just curious.

11:59 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

I'll ask him and let you know.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners