Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Illustration for GOLF Magazine









I did this about three weeks ago . . . it's out in stores now, so I've got the OK to finally post what I did. This was done for GOLF magazine, an article on how intimidating it is for other golfer's to be paired up with Woods. As soon as I heard what the article was about, this image of looking up at Tiger from the ball's point of view popped into my head.

I only had one week from start to finish on this piece, so there wasn't much time to mess around. The first thing I do on a job like this, is sketch a bunch of small thumbnails, just scribbles really. The next step was photo reference, so I posed some of my friends, took pictures, and then began sketching. The rough version attached here is what I sent to the a.d. to then wait for an OK before I could continue to the final stage. Once I had the OK, I painted the final with photoshop, it was a lot of fun working on this piece I look forward to working with them again!

16 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

DOOOOOOOOD this is a ROCKIN piece. this piece is so complicated and yet you made it look easy. you are brave to attempt this angle but knocked a homerun in the process. i must retreat back to my simple little safe caricature corner. you scare me! GREAT JOB bro. your fan tom flu

11:56 AM  
Blogger Julkillo said...

Impresive,amazing illustration,really a great work.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Mike Mitchell said...

Really excellent man!

I don't know why you ever wasted your time at AAA

I updated my site blog by the way.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

Jason this is insane! You are just too talented!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You amaze me, man. The angle on Tiger's arms is pretty intimidating but you nailed it.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing work Jason - that is sensational
Terry

9:07 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Wonderful job Jason

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ryan Wood said...

WOW,Incredible work, man! Love the scared Mickelson--hilarious! It's nice to see all of the stages.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Shawn Escott said...

Man Jason! You are a rising star my friend. This turned out great. And in a week too. Amazing.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Dan Johnson said...

Your realism makes me sick. In a good way. You make it look too easy dude. Superb!

Dan

4:05 AM  
Blogger bog_art said...

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!.. this is amazing..

9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This illo is AWESOME!! It's so damn beautifully painted.

7:13 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you so much everyone!!! I'm really glad you all like it . . . one of my favorite pieces . . . I'm glad that I can finally share it with everyone! Thanks again for the encouragement!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very very very beautiful lighting!
I love it!

9:40 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you Wouter!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

this cracks me up. the golfers watching are hilarious. awesome caricatures.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners