Thursday, October 09, 2008

Back from IRELAND!





My wife and I just got back from our trip, it was AMAZING! Too many stories to try and share here! We rented a car and drove around and through the entire country, crammed as much as we could into everyday . . . I seriously feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. What a blast, Ireland is so beautiful, and the people are fantastic, we had the time of our lives! This is a picture my wife took of me in Blarney!









Because we spent most of our trip driving for hours and hours and walking and hiking, I didn't have much time to draw or sketch . . . at least not as much time as I would have liked. The little bit of sketching I was able to do were these quick two to three minute doodles while we relaxed in a pub or restaurant. These were done with prismacolor markers, sketched while people talked, drank, played music, slept . . . whatever interested me at the moment. Every time I pulled my sketch book out and did these quick little sketches I would get asked to draw someone's friend, made some extra Euro which was nice!







This is a picture of my wife and I on the Aran Islands . . . amazing place, don't know it? Google it!










This is a picture my wife took of me looking across the Atlantic. The scenery in Ireland is unreal, absolutely beautiful everywhere you look. I'm already missing it!

Thanks to everyone who left such nice and encouraging comments on my Audrey painting, I really appreciate it!

21 Comments:

Blogger gregizz said...

Awesome and Inspiring sketches as usual!
Went to Ireland too for a long week end.. your pic of Moher Cliffs reminded me of that great trip! Very nice country indeed.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Brett W. McCoy said...

Welcome back! You and your wife look very Irish and fit in well with the scenery :-)

My sister lives in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland and the scenery there is stunning... hope to make it there sometime soon.

-- Brett

11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I went to ireland last year, and your post make me want to go back so bad. It was the most amazing place i've ever been.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome man! Sounds like a lot of fun ;) Great sketches by the way...

11:28 AM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the sketches!

11:32 AM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

Hey man! Glad you had a great vacation! I gotta make it there some day and see where the 25% of Kosar comes from,... lol.

The sketches look great! My favorite is the guy with the huge mustache,... I think I know that guy,... lol...jk.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

You're a lucky man Mr. Seiler...not only did God grace you an unbelievable talent but he also gave you one beautiful wife...good to see you back and I'm so sorry I won't have the opportunity to look over your shoulder at the Raliegh Con!!!

All the best

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lash LeRoux said...

Terrific, you’re back! Thanks so much for sharing your sketches and the photos. Looks beautiful! I wrestled once in Ireland on a WCW tour that covered Germany, England, Ireland and Australia. England and Germany, I’ve wrestled in several times, and Australia we were in for two and a half weeks (absolutely LOVED the place). However, I really felt that I missed out on Ireland. We just flew in, did a show, and flew out. Really no time for sight seeing. Your photos made me feel that I got a little of that back. Thanks!

5:27 PM  
Blogger CAA said...

what is the sketchbook called of the paper you use? or is it bought one by one. I know it is recycled paper. please & thanks.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back Jason!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

looks like a fun trip! those sketches make me want to go out to draw, keep it up.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Niall O loughlin said...

Did you photoshop out the rain?

4:03 AM  
Blogger Paul Moyse said...

Thanks Jason, glad you had a great time (even with the weather we have over here). Great sketches too!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Hey, welcome back Jason! These pics look incredible. I hear the greens in Ireland are different than anywhere in the world - and these pics certainly look like it. Great sketches too!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

Hey , great caricature on the first pic' ..!!
Ok that a joke ...
(bad Joke)
Great picture of a Country not realy far away from mine ...

5:35 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Nice pix Jason. Hope you are rested and ready for the next round of Stateside adventures. Your sketches are brilliant as always.. inspiration amigo.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Adam Temple said...

Wicked cafe sketcehes dude! Welcome back! I just visited New York for the first time this weekend. It was unreal. Happy Thanksgiving!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Jay Farley said...

Love the sketches. Pretty interesting looking people. Welcome back dude! I really love this pic of the cliffs. Maybe some day I can go see that place.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

epero impaciente tus nuevas ilustraciones

6:21 PM  
Blogger jordi said...

Tendrias que regalarnos un nuevo espeed painting de tu trabajo son magnificos.

5:35 AM  
Blogger kencoogan said...

Jason, it looks like you've seen more of Ireland on one holiday that I have during my whole life living here!!!! Nice photos and love the sketches.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners