Thursday, October 30, 2008

Marco Sketch!




I'll be leaving this Sunday for The National Caricature Network's annual convention. I'm a guest speaker this year along with some friends of mine, Joe Bluhm, Jan Op De Beeck, Court Jones, Stephen Silver, and Tom Richmond. The guest of honor is non other than my friend and talented artist ISMAEL ROLDAN. There will be all sorts of drawing competitions, seminars and a whole lot of other fun activities having to do with drawing and painting the art of caricature. Check out the link and see what it's all about. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and checking out everyone as they draw, should be a great time!

I didn't want to leave without posting something, so here's a sketch of my friend Marco. I did this as a value study using photoshop. I intended this to be a sketch but as you can see, I ended up taking it a bit further.

16 Comments:

Blogger Tim Bye said...

Flippin' Heck Jason this is great! Really impressive

4:59 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I love the work you did on his glass lenses. Your chum obviusly doesn't mind all this attention to his "boat race" :-)

5:50 PM  
Blogger ...Larry said...

I have to second Scott's comment, that the glare on teh glasses themselves is really very fine!!!

You'll be in my heart and mind this weekend...and I know you'll leave a great impression. Looking forward to hearing the stories on your return..

daaaahd

7:09 PM  
Blogger jordi said...

Brilliant what you are showing on your blog. It`s always a pleasure to visit.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freakin hilarious hahaha!

9:14 PM  
Blogger RAWLS said...

hahaha.... All I can do is laugh at this one... soo good my friend.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Manoj Sinha said...

Great one!!!
I will see NCN through your eye. Hope i will able to participate NCN in future. Best of luck for NCN.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very funny! hehehe... nice one Jason. Have fun at the NCN!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Paul Moyse said...

Flying out tomorrow, looking forward to meeting you in person on Sunday, should be a cracking week!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Oscar Herrero said...

Wow! Cool as ever!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Super cool caricature, jajajaj!

3:34 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Great mono piece Jason. Best of luck at the convention and show 'em what Chicago illustrators are made of!

11:16 PM  
Blogger DELOIRE said...

hello,
you're work is fantastic, congratulations.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulation Jason!
you totally earned it!

Gio

2:21 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you so much my friends, Marco's a great guy to draw . . . I did an oil of him a couple years ago, but this new version captures him even more. Glad you liked it!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, man! Glad to see that true talent is recognised.
You earned it!!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners