Sunday, February 22, 2009

Obama, and another one day turn around!






I got the call late last Thursday night to do this job for The Weekly Standard. I woke up early Friday morning, did my sketching and then spent all day painting until 5:00 p.m. when it was due. As an artist, there are things about these quick jobs that can quickly become stumbling blocks . . . . but I'm finding that it is so important to "edit and simplify" my technique. Thank you Tom for your wisdom in this. There are some things about this piece that bother me, for example, it would have been nice to have had more time to develop the truck and pose of Obama, but for one day, I feel good about the way it turned out. I had a great time again, exploring Obama's face. Each time I draw and paint him I make it a goal of mine to push and explore a bit more and try to come up with something new and fun. With these short deadlines, it's a fun challenge to see what I can do and I look forward to the next time I get to draw and paint Obama!




This is just a quick sketch I did of Mr. Joe Lieberman for a Birthday sketch "thing" that Jan Op De Beeck started on the NCN forum. A fun face to sketch for sure!

17 Comments:

Blogger mrityunjay said...

jason!
u r a mega star
no doubt at all.
opdebeeck,kruger,fernandez...
now ....joson

12:24 AM  
Blogger Mike Eppe said...

Nice, nice, nice!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Mahesh said...

Fantastic job man .. very funny drawings..

3:38 AM  
Blogger kencoogan said...

This is awesome Jason, not only in that it was a one day turnaround but also how you manage to make each Obama caricature so different but still consistantly maintain that 'Obama' look. It's just fantastic!!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Marko Krull said...

fantastic work! thx for sharing!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Will Appledorn said...

nice obama, i like how different it is from the last one you posted. i have a hard time drawing the same person differently. oh, and that Lieberman made me lol.

8:11 AM  
Blogger ...Larry said...

A guy would have to work pretty hard to avoid a reputation putting work out like this!!! hahaaa...you iZ good!

Keep it up Jason...!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

If you get any faster Jason you'll be producing artwork before the AD calls you!!! I LOVE the bottom sketch - hilarious! :o)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sagan Lacy said...

That Lieberman is gorgeous. You give us all hope, Jason...

6:40 PM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

Like you said it man, each of your Obama's are different, yet they all look exactly like him. Its like they are his different personalities, lol. Great work! Love what you did for KING Magazine!

I've just been working on some different projects. Soon I will upload them when I get the "ok."

Keep up the excellent work!

7:21 PM  
Blogger J.BOSCO said...

great work!!
excellent!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

Great Obama- especially for such a tight deadline!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Belmhern said...

Obama's work is very good, and the clock to do that makes it good!.
Greetings from my blog!

6:29 AM  
Blogger turcios curriculum said...

perfectas caricaturas!!
abrazo

7:50 AM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

nice one dude! This is probably my favorite of your Obamas. The monochrome of the dude below is great too. Nice football head.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jay Farley said...

For some reason this reminds me of Yoda.

2:53 PM  
Blogger vasco santos said...

wonderfull, you and de pencil have something special

www.vascocartoons.blogspot.com

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners