Sunday, March 08, 2009

April 10th Caricature Class at Schoolism

It's that time again to let everyone know that my next class at Schoolism.com is filling up. My next class will start on April 10th. The classes have been going very well and the work that my students are creating is very exciting to see. For those of you out there who do not know what it is that I do, My course at Schoolism.com is an Online Art Class on The Art of Caricature. It's a one on one correspondence course. That means that every week my students watch a two hour video filled with demos and lecture followed by homework assignments. Each week I spend 15 to 30 minutes per student critiquing their work. I record myself drawing and painting over the students work while sharing my thoughts and techniques. As a student you also have access to watch the critiques of your fellow students as well as the critiques of past semesters.
To learn more about Schoolism click here. There are limited seats available for each class.

The images below are drawings and paintings that my students did after completing an assignment. Directly to the right of their work is an example of what the work looks like after my critique, I share my thoughts and paint directly on top of what they did.






These are two examples of students finals from my summer semester. Anthony Hopkins painted by Jon Moss and the other painting is by Irene Koh!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mark Bridges said...

They are impressive.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Patrick LaMontagne said...

If anyone is on the fence about it, this course is incredible! Changed my work in a big way, and I still say that Jason's course was the best money I ever spent on my career.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Larry Seiler said...

good billing, Jason...
congrads to the students, you've done very well and I tip my hat off to you!

Larry

8:51 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Hey Jason, I was really surprised to see my final assignment on your blog! It means a lot to me. Thank you for imparting the knowledge and skills at Schoolism. I see tremendous improvement in my caricatures after taking your course.

Irene
P/s: The last name is "Koh", by the way. :P

6:11 AM  
Blogger Neil Davies said...

Jason I still really want to do your course but haven't got the time to spare this time (again) - will you be running the course again later in the year?

Cheers :)

7:58 AM  
Blogger cartoonsenzo said...

Your work is the best! Great inspiration! No one does it better! Thanks for sharing it with the world!

9:54 AM  
Blogger jimvanderkeyl said...

Jason You got some talented students..

5:43 PM  
Blogger Jon Moss said...

Its a fantastic honour to find my work being showcased here on jason's blog.
To anyone reading this who may be considering taking Jason's course let me say this.
The caricature you see of Anthony Hopkins I created after 9 weeks of Jason's tuition. Previous to that I had not picked up a pencil or sketched for 15 years, not so much as a matchstick man. When I look at my painting now months after finishing the course I'm still impressed by it and thats all down to jason's ability coach and encourage the very best out of you.
Since I painted that caricature of Hopkins I have drawn or painted something everyday. I'm totally inspired and motivated in a way I've never known before. Thank you so much jason hope you're having a blast at the ISCA convention.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners