Thursday, March 26, 2009

Quick sketches from life!




These are just some quick sketches from one of my sketch books . . . these were done while sitting in either a cafe or restaurant. Some were sketched at San Diego Comic Con. I try to do this as much as possible, it's good practice, keeps you loose and fresh. What I try to do is keep my sketches between five and ten minutes at the most, but I prefer to keep it around five minutes.








These sketches were done in about two minutes or so . . . keeping things really simple, exploring shape and form and having fun!









Sketched while enjoying a coffee at Starbucks. These two sketches were done in two to three minutes, I really liked the lady's hair . . . that's some serious helmet hair.

I'm finishing up a White Stripes piece as well as my Elvis Costello painting, will be posting those here soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lyle Doucette said...

Sweet! When I grow up I want to be just like you !
Great work Jason.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Yoiu're right Jason, sketching from life is fundamental. To do quick sketches or gesture drawing of people is so important! Thanks for posting work from your sketchbook! Looks great!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

Nicely done, Jason.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Jorge Restrepo H. said...

Now I´m going to drink a coffee while enjoying your sketches.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Thats awesome!! Always love stuff from life!

7:09 AM  
Blogger J. Bustamante said...

these are awesome, i tried some sketching while on the CTA yesterday and realized that the train moves far too much to get a decent sketch... so do you purposefully go look for a place to sit and draw? dont you ever get "caught" drawing someone? ive had that happen to me once...kind of scary for some reason.

4:42 PM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

Always fun to see these!

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners