Monday, May 03, 2010

May Cover for The Weekly Standard



I painted this cover last Thursday. Normally I would have had All day Thursday and Friday to complete this cover, but I had already planned a trip away with my family and we were leaving Thursday afternoon. I was asked to paint the cover around 5:00 P.M. on Wednesday, so after my sketch was approved, I worked until 2:30 A.M. painting as much as I could. After a couple hours of sleep, I woke up and finished by Thursday afternoon, with enough time to shower, pack and head out on the road with the family. There wasn't much that was needed for me to paint for this cover, so that made making this deadline easier to achieve. If I had a little more time, I would have liked to paint in a bit more texture into the rocks, aging them a bit . . . that sort of detail is usually my favorite part.





Detail of face.

7 Comments:

Blogger BTillustration said...

Planning a vacation is the best way to get work. I had to cancel a roadtrip last week, when I got a call that was too good to turn down...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Thats good you were able to get it done before your trip, great job as always Jason!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous JewelD said...

HA! His face peeking through the wall gave me a great chuckle right off the bat. I'd say that's a successful illustration. Congrats!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

Beautiful job.. You are a real pro bro-Arn't you glad you didnt stay in stupid art school?~T

12:25 PM  
Blogger Marcelo Vignali said...

Gosh, that's a great editorial piece -- just tells a story.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Toby Kinread said...

Great picture and really well painted, well done Jason:)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Jorge Restrepo H. said...

Magnific!!!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners