Monday, February 07, 2011

Back from New York




Just got back yesterday from my quick two and a half day trip to New York. Too short . . . I was there for the Society of Illustrators 51st Annual of illustration show. This is me standing with my painting of Scott Storch. It was a great time, hanging out with artists, friends, and art directors. There were many great pieces in the show, if you ever get a chance to go to the show, you should!

The painting to my left is Steve Brodner's Gold medal piece, congrats Steve!



Steve Brodner's Gold medal piece, painted for The New Yorker . . .



Me with Mr. Steve Brodner! Steve has been an influence of mine throughout the years, so it was cool to see my painting hanging next to his.






The text next to my piece in the show . . . thank you James for letting me beat you to a bloody pulp!



I love Norman Rockwell, here's a pencil sketch by Rockwell which hangs proudly at the Society of Illustrators!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lyle Doucette said...

The elite among the elite. Congrats Jason!

9:41 AM  
Blogger GOGOPEDRO said...

Sorry I missed the show... Congrats man..

P

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Ray said...

Congrats Jason.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jorge Restrepo H. said...

You are where you shall to be, between giants.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners