Monday, May 16, 2011

Cover for Billboard magazine




Here's my latest cover for Billboard magazine. This was a lot of fun to do, but was a crazy deadline. The art director was very cool to work with and as I've mentioned before, that goes a long, long way. I was called last Monday night, and had my sketch to them before 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. For one reason or another, I didn't hear anything back until around 5:00 p.m. giving me only a day and a half to paint five people.

I love my job and I'm grateful every day to be able to do what I do for a living. If you want to be an illustrator, you need to realize that there will be times that this sort of thing happens. It's not the art directors fault, or the editors, it's the nature of the beast and you either love it or you don't. Yes, it can be stressful, and frustrating at times, but you've got to do what you've got to do, you gotta roll with it. And as I always tell myself, "I could be digging ditches", so I'd happily take this work that I do over anything else.





My quick mock sketch.



Originally Jon Bon Jovi was on the cover, but he was switched out for Taylor Swift, she's prettier.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Toby Kinread said...

Incredible, and for the time you had to do it in! Amazing, the Rick Ross is so good:)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Philip Whisenhunt said...

Wow this looks great!! Fantastic job, it was fun to follow your updates on Facebook and then see the final

5:03 PM  
Blogger rwpike said...

Great work, congrats Jason!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Amazing Jason!

11:59 PM  
Blogger A. Riabovitchev said...

Great post!Make my day!:O)

3:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Superb as usual!
Congrats Jason!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Ravi Gupta said...

lovely !!! love the taylor swift there...congrats !!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Daniel Domingos said...

Belo trabalho, Jason!
Realmente muito bom, principalmente a figura o Rick Ross...muito bom mesmo!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take-off on an old Beachboys LP cover....cool.

12:03 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

This is a fantastic cover Jason - good thing for the art director you're a cool type too. Guess you'll be pushing boundaries for a long time to come.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Lil Artroom said...

Hello Mr. Seiler.It's been a while since I've had any commucation with you. I've still been peeping out your work when I get the time to do so. I say the Billboard Magazine cover on Miss Janelle's Facebook page and though to mysellf you probably did it....I stop by your page and see that you did do it. Awesome job as always man. You've been a huge inspiration for me. Keep it up.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are fantastic.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners