Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meeting the Man!



A few weeks back, Rolling Stone asked me to paint Gary Clark Jr. for the music reviews section! I'm really into music, for me, music and my art are one in the same . . . I don't ever draw or paint unless there's music pumping out of my speakers! I'm into lots of "kinds" of music, but the blues is where it's at . . . and Gary Clark Jr. is THE MAN when it comes to the blues, "You gonna know his name by the end of the night"

Not long after the issue came out, I was contacted by Gary's manager and was told how much the painting meant to him and how much he loved it. That was very cool to hear and quite unexpected to say the least. I was also put on the guest list for his recent show at Space Evanston just north of Chicago. It was an amazing and inspiring show. What that man can say with six strings and some wood is beyond inspiring . . . I wanted to paint him again, but this time it would be different. Gary's style of blues is, "I'm gonna kick your ass" blues . . . and he does, all night long!

After the show, I got to meet Gary. It was really cool meeting an artist who I painted for Rolling Stone and hearing from him how much in meant to him. I'll never forget that. What a great night . . . !






Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Wilkin said...

Thats awesome man!!! It's very cool that he contacted you....just goes to show you that Rolling Stone s still relevant!!! I would love to be published in RS!!! I'm gonna check him out!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Steve Roberts said...

Outstanding! Further confirmation of what a fantastic artist you are. I lean more to hard rock but I'll check this guy out ... try a bit of the ole 'kick ass' blues.

1:32 PM  
Blogger BTillustration said...

Unbelievable. Great story man.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners