Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Devils and the Deep Blue Sea!



New cover for the NY Observer.

This week I had me some fun! :) As usual, I only had two days so I had to work very fast. The subject is Ray Kelly, Police Commissioner of New York city. I was asked by the Observer to show Kelly as trying to put on a "good" face while corruption and so on continues within the New York Police department. I thought the idea of him as an angel would be funny . . . add a couple demon-cops in hell and there you have it. I'm happy they liked this idea, it was great fun to work on.

And Mr. Ray Kelly, if you happen to see this post, I would just like to say thank you for having such a wonderful face, it's been a while since I've had this much fun. Your face is a true gift, cherish it my brotha, cherish it!






Face detail.





Quick likeness sketch.





Mock up sketch.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger najinie said...

Jebus - what an inspiration. You're truly talented. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Pavel Jakubec said...

Beautiful drawing.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Fitzzz said...

Great walk through of the process, very nice work, as usual!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Mike Eppe said...

Amazing work!
Thank you for the process!
Mike

11:24 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Hello Jason,

Love your work. Your drawing and painting ability is beyond amazing.

I've been searching your site to see if you talk about the program you use to paint digitally. Are you a photoshopper? You work looks like it could be done with some other program like Painter, (some of your pieces look like it was done in oils...like the Job's portrait)

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners